Six abstracts form the research group for type 2 diabetes and metabolism (Kåre I. Birkeland) have been accepted for presentation at EASD in München, September 12-16.
- Dual specificity phosphatase 5 and 6 are oppositely regulated in human skeletal muscle by acute exercise. Eckardt K, Porteymour S, Hjorth M, Lee S, Langleite TM, Holen T, Jensen J, Birkeland KI, Drevon CA. OP 30, Thursday 10.15-11.45, no 178
- No increased incidence of type 1 diabetes under 40 years 2009-2014 in Norwegians and immigrants. Ruiz PLD, Gulseth HL, Bakken IJ, Strøm H, Birkeland KI, Håberg SE, Stene LC. Poster Event F Thursday 12.15-13.15, PS 006, no 306
- HbA1c and second line glucose lowering drug initiation in Denmark, Norway and Sweden: an observational study comparing T2DM management in primary care. Persson F, Bodegard J, Birkeland KI, Furuseth K, Thuresson M, Lindh A , Nilsson PM, Jørgensen ME, Gulseth HL, Søndregaard J, Knudsen ST, Alvarsson M. Poster Event A Tuesday 12-13, PS 007, no 314
- Primary care management of T2DM in Denmark, Norway and Sweden: a long term observational study. Birkeland KI, Bodegard J, Persson F, Knudsen ST, Furuseth K, Thuresson M, Lindh A, Nilsson PM, Alvarsson M, Jørgensen ME, Gulseth HL, Søndregaard J. OP 20, Wednesday 14.30-16.00, no 119
- Decreasing incidence of type 2 diabetes in Norway 2009-2014. Gulseth HL, Ruiz PLD, Bakken IJ, Strøm H, Birkeland KI, Håberg SE, Stene LC. Poster Event F Thursday 12.15-13.15, PS 006, no 307
- Influence of soluble leptin receptor on risk of gestational diabetes in a multi-ethnic population. Sommer C, Gulseth HG, Jenum AK, Sletner L, Thorsby PM, Birkeland, KI. Poster Event C Wednesday 12-13, PS 015, no 380
Knut Dahl-Jørgensen is invited to give a symposium lecture: “The pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes – is virus involved? Lessons from the DiViD study.